Tonto Dikeh is popular for her role
in movies like “My Life, My
Damage,” “Dirty Secret,” “Before
the Rain,” “Missing Child” among
Today, June 9 is the actress’ birthday. Check
out 12 simple facts every true fan should know
1. Born on June 9, 1985, Tonto Charity
Dikeh-Churchil hails from Ikwere in Rivers
2. The actress has a degree in Petrochemical
Engineering from Rivers State University of
Science and Technology.
3. In 2005, she kicked off her acting career
after competing in the reality TV show “The
Next Movie Star;” which she emerged as the
4. She came into limelight following her role
in the movie “Holy Cross,” which starred her
alongside Nonso Diobi, Pete Edochie and Jim
5. In August 2015, the actress got married
to Oladunni Obasanjo Churchill, one of
Olusegun Obasanjo‘s children.
6. On February 17, the actress gave birth to a
baby boy » in America.
7. She has a big foundation called ‘The Tonto
Dike Foundation,’ which takes care of rape
victims and children.
8. Celebrity fashion stylist/designer Swanky
Jerry is her best friend.
9. The actress made her music debut with
singles ‘Hi’ and ‘Itz Ova’ feat Snypa.
10. On June 13, 2014, D’Banj unveiled the
actress under his record label DB Records’. She
announced her departure from DB records in
11. She recently revealed that she would
tattoo her son’s name on her body.
12. She respects and considers Genevieve
Nnaji number one in Nollywood.
TONTO DIKEH: “MY HUSBAND IS THE FIRST
MAN I DIDN’T GIVE MONEY TO” ACTRESS