Irabor said on Thursday, September 1, 2016,
in Adamawa state that the individual originally
identified as Shekau has been killed in
previous operations of the military.
“I can confirm to you that the original Shekau
was killed,” he said.
“The second Shekau was killed, and the man
presenting himself as Shekau, I can also
confirm to you that few days ago, he was
wounded. We are yet to confirm whether he is
dead or not,” he added.
He said the Nigerian troops in the northeast
will continue their operations until the last
terrorist is taken out.
He maintained that there had been division
among the Boko Haram as a result of the
constant pressure put on them by the Army.
“They released videos to prove that they are
still active, but that’s just a facade,” the
military commander said.
The Nigerian Army had earlier announced that
Shekau was fatally injured » in an airstrike.