Operation Clean Lagos resumes on September 16 – Governor Says

The Lagos State Commissioner for
Environment, Dr Babatunde
Adejare, on Thursday, said the
state-wide Operation Clean Lagos
will resume on September 16,
2016.
This is contained in a statement issued by Mr
Tunde Awobiyi, the Director of Public Affairs,
Lagos State Ministry of Environment.
According to him, the operation will
complement an earlier campaign initiated by
Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode.
He stated that “this state-wide operation which
will last till end of December is being co-
ordinated by the Enforcement and Advocacy
Department of the ministry, headed by Dr
Abiodun Afolabi.
“Other agencies involved in the operation
include LAWMA, KAI, the Civil defence Corp
and other security agencies.
“The exercise, code-named ‘IBILE’ crusade,
(acronym for the five divisions of the state,
Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos Island and Epe),
will restore the old glories of Lagos.
“There will be simultaneous carting away of all
demolished illegal structures by LAWMA
operatives.
“The gains of the exercise will be sustained by
the Ministry’s six Zonal Zero Tolerance offices
and men of the KAI Brigade.”
The director noted that the renewed exercise
became urgent because of unfavourable
rainfall predictions by the meteorological
agency and threat posed by obstruction of
drainage channels with illegal structures and
wastes.
He stated that the violation of the zero
tolerance policy on environmental infractions
had been obstructing traffic, walkways and
road setbacks despite serial notices served on
them.
According to him, the clean-up operation will
take-off state-wide from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. in
all the five divisions of the state.

For Music & Video Promotion, Hype, Website Design Contact: Music@smash9ja.com Call or Whatsapp: +2347068771132, BBM: 2AFF1C94
341 Total Views 6 Views Today
You Missed!!!  Niger, Chad kill 123 Boko Haram fighters in joint operations

Add Comment