8 ways that cost almost nothing to spice up romance in your relationship
There’s often a jeremiad from lovers over a lack of or suffocated romance in their relationship and this is usually the cause of a broken relationship, break-ups, divorce and more often than others, the push to cheat.
whether you’re not the outing type, not very buoyant for date nights, cinemas, shopping with ‘Bae’, vacations in Europe or a million worth present for the one you love or just want simple ways to spark up the flames of romance in your relationship.
These simple, convenient and inexpensive steps promises to spice up the romance in your marriage or with the one you’re dating.
1. THE MUSIC CONNECTION. Music is a language of emotion in that it can represent and arouse different feelings and barge into the soul with no boundaries or limitations. It changes the atmosphere and can affect our moods. Enjoy some good music you both love. Hold hands and connect to the lyrics(especially if it’s a slow love tune) on the same emotional state. pause for a bit as it gets more emotionally intense and tell your partner how much they mean to you.
“If music be the food of love, play on.” – William Shakespeare.
2. THE BIG EARS. Most lovers will agree that sound communication is vital to relationship success, yet most fights and mishaps result from the lack of it. create uninterrupted gist(amebo) TIME where you lend your partner listening ears for a download of gists and daily happenings. This often overlooked but important tool will build stronger connection and enhance communication.
“Communication to a relationship is like oxygen to life. Without it… it dies”. Tony Gaskins
“Communication is the fuel that keeps the fire of your relationship burning, without it, your relationship goes cold”. William Paisley
3. THE PAINFUL TRUTH. As much as you love and enjoy the presence of your lover and spouse, it is very important to note that you often need to give yourselves space. Stay apart from your partner for a bit as means to let them miss and want you more. Isolation births inner reflection and nostalgia, so you need to let them hunger for your presence. Attend functions alone, spend time with friends, or do that chore you’d usually do with ‘LOML'(love of my life) alone, you’ll be surprised how much they’ll miss you if you stay apart from them for a bit.
“Temporary personal space from your spouse is necessary for emotional health”. Isaac Omokwe
4. THE OLD WAY, THE BETTER WAY. With the contemporary norm of digital device usage we often forget sweet and romantic techniques of writing on paper, and Text messaging now seems very orthodox, but these romance warheads were lethal back in the days and still brings victory in the modern day battle for romance. It’s agreeable that Social media has simplified alot but imagine the joy of coming home to a romantic poem written on paper from your boo or the reaction from your wife after she receives a heart melting text message from you on a cool evening.
Make your partner feel special in a different kind of way by employing the spontaneous act of expressing your love for them through a text message or leave a handwritten poem for them in the room. You’ll be amazed by how this will boost romance for you two.
“Ink your emotions to your partner and watch them read out romance to you”. Isaac Omokwe.
5. SUPPORT THROUGH COMPLIMENTS. “Honey, you are the best at what you do, you’ve been such a great friend and I’m proud of you all the way” Compliments are like diesel to a generator, you can get your relationship to the peak of romance with compliments, they are very effective and essential if you want to spark up romance.
Whether you’re calling them at work or whispering to their ears the soothing words of compliments for their work, career, education or a project they’re working on, you would be laying another brick on the stairs towards a terrific, romantic relationship.
“Everybody likes a compliment.” Abraham Lincoln
6. BABY SYNDROME. It is very important to frequently ignore the pressing urge to always be the ‘grown and mature’ you. Find time to unwind and play with your partner like a partner like kids, adopt the impeccable habit of kids to play every now and then. This will help bring you both together.
Find ways to indulge in each others’ hobbies, for instance, play football or football games with him, and if she’s loves telenovelas or TV dramas, why not make time and watch an episode of her favorite TV series. Make as much bodily contact as possible and watch the seeds of romance sprout into a gigantic tree.
“It’s nice to just do my hobby and be able to live”. Gold Panda
7. THE TEDDY EFFECT. Hugs have proven to increase ‘love hormone'(oxytocin) levels and reduce stress. Share longer hugs regularly, give your partner a super hug for 4-6 minutes, hug them out the blue, hug them when they’re tired, hug them when they’re down. Hug them always and let this magic unfold new levels of romance you both would cherish.
“When the right person hugs you, it’s like medicine”. Steve Maraboli
8. THE UNUSUAL LOVE MAKING. Many would agree that routine sex life is boring. The traditional bedroom and missionary only sex pattern is sometimes the cause of a rather cold sexual experience.
Love making is a very important aspect in relationships because of the intimacy and emotions it brings to partners, therefore it’s a must to pay attention to what spices up this facet of it.
Try new things: new places, new positions, cosplays, dress-ups or take a bath together (playing as you do so), try soaping her hair and she scrubs your back. Find out what excites your partner and do your best to give them the best sexual pleasure they deserve.
“Sex is… perfectly natural. It’s something that’s pleasurable. It’s enjoyable and it enhances a relationship. So why don’t we learn as much as we can about it and become comfortable with ourselves as sexual human beings because we are all sexual?”. Sue Johanson
There you have it, the effective and simple steps you need to fuel and enjoy a romantic relationship with your partner…
Written and published by Isaac Omokwe
Gyant Steps Concepts